Firm: Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
Location: Miami - FL
201 South Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, Florida 33131-4332
- Tel : 305 358 1666
- Fax : 305 371 8759
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruben Diaz Jr. is an international transactional partner in Hughes Hubbard’s corporate group and is co-chair of Hughes Hubbard’s Latin America practice.
After starting his career in private practice, Ruben served as Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel of a privately-held Central American group with businesses in key sectors, including financial institutions and investment advisory services, agro-industrial, communications, automotive, energy, information technology, retail and consumer products, health care and real estate. He also previously served as Head of the Latin America Legal Practice at Ernst & Young.
- Representation of Ticofrut S.A., part of the Nicaragua-based Pellas Group, in a tort action filed by Del Monte in federal court alleging that Ticofrut has aided and abetted a pineapple grower’s breach of a contract with Del Monte.
- Lead cousel on numerous mergers and acquisitions including the largest dollar value M&A transaction to that date in Central America.
- Structured international joint ventures and restructured multinational groups.
- Representations of both creditors and debtors in cross-border financings.
- Representations of foreign companies regarding the establishment of U.S. entities and the acquisition of U.S. corporations, partnerships, and business assets.
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP is a New York City-based international law firm with a relentless focus on providing quality service to our clients and delivering successful results in the most complex matters. The firm is a leader in promoting diversity and is recognized for its pro bono achievements.
Our success has been, and will always be, built around our singular focus on quality and results. Every day, we work to earn the trust of our clients by bringing innovative and effective solutions to our clients’ most challenging matters. We strike the balance between scale and agility, handling large and complex matters, while remaining flexible to adapt to clients’ needs and market developments.
Known for our teamwork – with one another, our clients and with other law firms – Hughes Hubbard has a distinguished history dating back more than a century. The firm was founded in 1888 by renowned jurist and statesman Charles Evans Hughes (future governor, secretary of state and chief justice), whose values and innovative thinking about the practice of law have been passed down through generations of our firm’s lawyers.
Our corporate team is dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services to clients in all their transactions. We have a deep bench of experienced lawyers who are passionate about deal-making. By employing a lean staff on each transaction, our lawyers can remain accessible, anticipate client needs and complete deals efficiently.
With a transactional practice that is international in scope, we assist clients across the globe, including some of the world’s largest domestic and multinational companies, as well as start-up ventures. We offer services in a range of transactional issues, including hostile takeovers, joint ventures and spin-offs.