Firm: Venable LLP
Location: Tysons Corner - VA
8010 Towers Crescent Drive Suite 300
Tysons, VA 22182
- Tel : 703.760.1920
- Fax : 703.821.8949
- Email : jcschmelter@Venable.com
Joe Schmelter is partner-in-charge of Venable’s Tysons, Virginia office. Joe advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate debt and equity finance, and general corporate issues. He often represents government contractors, including research, technology, and consulting companies, and nonprofit organizations.
- Advised ECS Federal, LLC in its sale to ASGN Incorporated (NYSE: ASGN) and its acquisitions of DHA Group, Inc.; InfoReliance LLC; Oak Management, Inc.; Paradigm Technologies, Inc.; iLuMinA Solutions, Inc.; and Information Systems Worldwide Corporation (iSW); and in its sale of a significant interest to Lindsay Goldberg, LLC.
- Advised Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) in the divestitures of its Leidos Digital Solutions subsidiary, Omnifluent Human Language Technology software and related business, CounterBomber Person-Borne Improvised Explosive Devices business, Disaster Recovery business, its WWR Water and Solid Waste business, and Cloudshield Technologies subsidiary
- Advised Gryphon Technologies, L.C. in its sale to CDI Government Services, Inc., a portfolio company of AE Industrial Partners
- Advised Dominion Consulting, Inc. in its merger with TeraThink Corporation
- Advised Tallasi Technology Holdings, LLC (led by Eric Wolking and Pat Flannery and affiliated with Bluestone Investment Partners, L.P.) in the sale of its subsidiary, GAP Solutions, Inc., to System One Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of Thomas H. Lee Partners
- ECS Federal
More than a law firm, Venable LLP is a network of trusted advisors serving businesses, organizations, and individuals in many of the most important aspects of their work.
Our professionals immerse themselves in our clients’ work to fully understand their biggest opportunities and challenges while helping them navigate an increasingly complex legal and regulatory environment. Today, with more than 850 professionals delivering services around the world, we’re helping our clients connect quickly and effectively to the experience, insights, and advice they need to achieve their most pressing objectives.
Cultivated over more than 100 years, Venable’s capabilities span virtually every industry and all areas of regulatory and government affairs, corporate and business law, intellectual property, and complex litigation. Many of our professionals are former regulators, senior government staffers, state attorneys general, and members of Congress—bringing an invaluable depth of experience to our firm. At the same time, we foster a diverse culture that helps ensure our ability to attract, retain, and elevate the most talented professionals in the country, who work on behalf of our clients.