Firm: Fredrikson & Byron P.A.
Location: Des Moines - IA
505 E. Grand Avenue Suite 200
Des Moines, IA 50309-1977
- Tel : 515.242.8900
- Fax : 515.242.8950
- Email : email@example.com
Brett advises business clients on a variety of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, compliance and general corporate governance.
Brett has counseled public-company, private-equity and other clients in public and private M&A transactions. In addition to his M&A experience, Brett has helped clients manage director and shareholder relationships (including by preparing operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and other governance agreements among shareholders), comply with securities laws and exchange rules, effect legal reorganizations and negotiate commercial contracts. Before joining the firm, Brett was an attorney at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- $825 million “carve out” acquisition of a business of distributing electrical-transmission products
- $190 million acquisition of a Canada-based insurance company
- $142 million acquisition of a manufacturer of beverage-refrigeration products for the residential industry
- $132 million acquisition of a manufacturer of valves and other water-flow solutions
- $74.1 million acquisition of a manufacturer of beverage-dispensing equipment
- $47 million acquisition of a provider of healthcare services
- $40 million acquisition of the U.S. operations of a provider of hygiene and sanitization products
- $35 million acquisition of a provider of product-design services
- $27.4 million acquisition of an Australia-based manufacturer of cooking and dishwashing equipment for the commercial foodservice industry
- $26.5 million acquisition of a provider of HVAC services
- $15 million acquisition of a manufacturer of water-jet cutting equipment for the food-processing Industry
- $12.7 million “carve out” acquisition of a U.K.-based business of manufacturing slicing equipment for the food-processing industry
- $12.5 million acquisition of a manufacturer of coffee and espresso machines
- $12.5 million acquisition of a manufacturer and servicer of avionics, pumps and other components for the aviation and defense industries
- $11.75 million acquisition of a manufacturer of specialty door solutions
- $11.2 million acquisition of an India-based supplier of foodservice equipment
- $5.5 million acquisition of a manufacturer of deck ovens for the commercial foodservice industry
- $3.9 million acquisition of a distributor of beverage products
- $3.0 million acquisition of a U.S.-based textiles company by an India-based client
- $2.0 million acquisition of a provider of erosion-control services
- $1.6 million acquisition of a provider of materials-testing services
- $1.2 million acquisition of a fitness center
- $1 million acquisition of a provider of agricultural-construction services
- Assisting with annual, periodic and current reports under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Preparing proxy statements, including handling proposals for shareholder meetings
- Advising on registration and de-registration requirements under securities laws
Fredrikson & Byron P.A.
At Fredrikson & Byron, we’ve built a reputation as the firm “where law and business meet” by bringing business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking to our work with clients, and by operating as business advisors and strategic partners as well as legal counselors.
A proactive, problem-solving mindset runs throughout our service areas, from our traditional legal areas of support like litigation, real estate, and intellectual property to our more consultative practices like government relations and health care consulting. It’s a mindset that enables us to understand and keep client objectives firmly in mind, and to anticipate and address problems before they arise.
Our lawyers blend a common sense approach with in-the-field experience, and we utilize our firm’s strong reputation and our lawyers’ broad networks of business and industry contacts to get things done for clients.
Clients have relied on us since 1948 for great solutions that help them minimize legal risks and maximize business benefits. We look forward to an opportunity to show you what it is like where law and business meet.