Firm: Latham & Watkins LLP
Location: San Francisco - CA
505 Montgomery Street Suite 2000
San Francisco, CA 94111-6538
- Tel : 650.463.3083
- Fax : N/A
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Luke Bergstrom is Global Co-Chair of Latham’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice and a partner in the Corporate Department of the firm’s Silicon Valley and San Francisco offices. Mr. Bergstrom practices primarily in the mergers and acquisitions area, where he regularly advises both private equity and corporate clients.
Mr. Bergstrom has represented public and private buyers and targets in a broad range of industries, including:
Information technology – systems & solutions and semiconductors
Internet & digital media
Life sciences, including medical devices
Consumer productsMr. Bergstrom is a member of the American Bar Association as well as a member of the ABA’s Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, and the Committee’s M&A Market Trends Subcommittee.
Mr. Bergstrom’s recent experience includes transactions in the following industries:
Information Technology – Software & Solutions and Semiconductors
- Intuit Inc., a provider of business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals, in its:
- US$1.025 billion sale of Digital Insight, Intuit’s Financial Services division, to Thoma Bravo
- US$423 million acquisition of Demandforce, Inc.
- US$360 million acquisition of Check
- US$170 million acquisition of Mint Software Inc.
- US$170 million acquisition of Homestead Technologies Inc.
- US$91 million acquisition of MedFusion, Inc. and subsequent sale
- Sale of Quicken Business Unit to HIG Capital
- Sale of Quickbase Business Unit to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Monsanto Company, an agricultural biotechnology company, in its US$930 million acquisition of the Climate Corporation
- NetApp Inc., a provider of network data storage and management solutions that enable virtualization, cloud computing, and big data storage efficiency, in its:
- US$60 million acquisition of Akorri Networks, Inc.
- Acquisition of Bycast Inc.
- US$160 million acquisition of Topio
- Calix, Inc., a supplier of telecommunications access equipment for service providers, in its US$171 million acquisition of Occam Networks, Inc.
- Avago Technologies Limited, a provider of analog semiconductors, custom chips, radio-frequency, and microwave components, in its:
- US$37 billion acquisition of Broadcom Corp.
- US$6.6 billion acquisition of LSI Corporation
- US$400 million acquisition of CyOptics
- US$240 million sale of its Printer ASICs business to Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- US$70 million sale of its CMOS image sensor business to Micron Technology
- IXYS Corporation, a provider of power semiconductors, radio frequency power semiconductors, and digital and analog integrated circuits, in its
- Sale of IXYS to Littelfuse
- Acquisition of the 4-/8-bit microcontroller business of Samsung Electronics
- Acquisition of Zilog, Inc.
Internet & Digital Media
- Open Table Inc., a web-based service provider of restaurant reservations, in its US$2.6 billion sale to the Priceline Group
- Twitch Interactive, Inc., an operator of a live video platform for online gaming, in its US$970 million sale to Amazon.com
- Seamless North America, LLC, a leading provider of mobile and online portals that provide restaurant information and services, in its merger with GrubHub
Mr. Bergstrom’s private equity experience includes:
- Bridgepoint Advisers, in its acquisition with Summit Partners of Calypso Technology, a provider of financial market software solutions
- Data Device Corporation (DDC), a portfolio company of Behrman Capital, in its US$1 billion sale to TransDigm Group Incorporated
- PRA Holdings, Inc., a clinical research organization and portfolio company of Genstar Capital LLC, in its sale to Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Encore Consumer Capital, in its acquisition of:
- The Isopure Company, LLC., a US-based provider of premium branded sports nutrition products, and subsequent US$153 million sale to Glanbia plc
- Aidells Sausage Company, Inc., a marketer of branded gourmet sausages, meatballs, and other prepared protein products, and subsequent US$87 million sale to Sara Lee Corp
- Juice Tyme, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of shelf-stable, bag-in-box juice and beverage concentrates, and subsequent sale to Highlander Partners, L.P.
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR), in the US$2.6 billion acquisition by KKR and Silver Lake Partners of Agilent Technologies, Inc.’s Semiconductor Products Group, which created the largest privately held independent semiconductor company in the world.
Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham is dedicated to working with clients to help them achieve their business goals and overcome legal challenges anywhere in the world. From a global platform of more than 30 offices, Latham lawyers help clients succeed.
Devoted to Client Service
Latham is committed to helping clients achieve their business strategies and providing outstanding legal services around the world. Clients depend on the firm to find innovative solutions to complex business issues, and Latham lawyers leverage the firm’s global platform to help clients handle these challenges.
Latham is a single, integrated partnership focused on providing the most collaborative approach to client service. The firm offers:
- Deep experience in successful enterprise-transforming transactions and in defending bet-the-company controversies
- A solutions-based approach, providing innovative and sound commercial advice
- Optimally sized teams that provide cost-effective and high-quality services
- A culture geared toward establishing and nurturing long-term client relationships
Just the Facts
- More than 2,600 lawyers in 30 offices located in 14 countries; Latham lawyers speak more than 60 languages
- Truly a “one-firm” firm – Latham has no headquarters, and firm management is spread throughout the world, allowing Latham to service clients with the best-suited teams regardless of location
- More than 60 international practice groups and industry teams
Commitment to Pro Bono and Community Service
- Latham lawyers and professional staff performed approximately 245,000 hours of pro bono work in 2018 and more than 3.5 million hours between 2000-2018, valued at approximately US$1.6 billion
- Signatory to Pro Bono Institute’s global Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge